We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

koh samui in nov

gold coast
Level Contributor
82 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
koh samui in nov

going to be in koh samui the first week in nov, (staying @ nora beach resort or banana fan sea - cant decide - can u help with that too???) any way have 2 young one under four, my partner, mother and sister!!! will the weather be ok have read conflicting things and what else is there to do if it rains???? will the beaches be gross even if its not raining????

koh samui
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: koh samui in nov

Hi

For KOh samui rainy season is in November.Usually it rains every day, last year was terrible/so many tourists went to Phuket.

banana fan sea is nice resort, at Nora u will have to walk a lot if the room is not right on the beach/

Well the weather is unpredictable. and there is not much to do when it rains.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
gold coast
Level Contributor
82 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: koh samui in nov

hi,

yeah my partner really wanted to go here but i am having second thoughts (think he has heart set on it), can get a ocean villa at nora if these are nice. dont mind walking it is only 3 days, going to bangkok and phuket prior. just worried about boredom especially with kids if it rains (which resort has nicer rooms/pool area if u r to spend a lot of time in them????????guess we can just day spa it up!!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: koh samui in nov

Have stayed at Nora Beach twice and loved. Far enough out of chaweng for it to be peaceful yet close enough for it not to be a hassel to get in to. 15min walk or 4min by taxi. Nora does free shuttles to and from Chaweng. Around Nora there are some good cheap restaurants so if you want to go out and eat you won't have to always go intop Chaweng.

Best place for foot massage is Most Massage- just fantastic.

Check out my review for further info.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g676072-d505…

www.sawadee.com.au is also a great website for info.

cheers

Howzat

Mentioned in this post
Chaweng
Chaweng
Ko Samui, Thailand
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: koh samui in nov

Don't want to worry you (you already know November is the wettest month in Samui) but we are reading and hearing on Thai news that the monsoon is expected to last into December this year. Still, they often get that kind of thing wrong. You'd be much better off looking at The Andaman coast or even Koh Chang at that time.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: koh samui in nov

Thai news reported an earthquake in Iceland the other day whilst showing a map of Ireland.Perhaps we should question the veracity of their statements.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: koh samui in nov

I have put many postson the weather in november on samui. We have only visited samui in the rainy season and both occsaions we had lots of fun. It didnt rain every day - but each time we made a lucky ascape as the weather always got worse after we left! (We always visit the first couple weeksof nov) you may find you are limited when it comes to activities in the sea which gets very choppy at this time of year. We found it very rare for it to rain all day. If you want a rain free holiday its probably not worth going to samui. Personally i think if we go back we will avoid november as it did limit us a little last time we went - but then the first time we went there was hardly any rain at all only a few minutes every other day and the sea was alot calmer - from what i understand the weather at this time is very unpredictable. Hope thishelps with your decision.....i would not cancel your trip to Thailand as its a fantastic country to visit and one that you will remember forever - maybe chose another island?

Mentioned in this post
gold coast
Level Contributor
82 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: koh samui in nov

thanks, we are also going to bangkok and phuket, koh samui is just the end of our trip and just for 3 days, i am considering a change though any other suggestions = coming from phuket?????

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: koh samui in nov

Try Krabi.

9. Re: koh samui in nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, September 29, 2009