We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very important

Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Very important

We would love to go to Koh Samui for our honeymoon September 21st, it sounds fantastic! We are thinking of booking the amari palm reef resort, chaweng beech. it seems to have got some great reviews? The only thing stopping us is the weather, i would cry!!! if i travelled so far to get some sun in my bones and it rained alot! should we risk it ??? is the rain really worth worrying about or have we just got hung -up on the words 'rainy season'. Maybe can anyone recommend somewhere else we could go for luxury, great food that is near some bars and great beaches. Everyones help would be really appreciated we just want it to be as perfect as possible, thanks in advance

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very important

Don't get confused with the Monsoon heavy rain season around Phuket/Krabi, Koh Samui is popular August/September because it has relatively good weather, certainly a lot less rain than around Phuket, you might get the occassional short rainburst but nothing spectacular, weather should be fine, if it does rain a bit take the opportunity for a lovely Thai massage or a spa treatment!

Tropical rain is also very different from rain in Europe, it tends to come just in the clouds, rain, and go away, you would very very rarely ever see a 'cloudy sky' like in Europe, you should be fine, relax and get you sun lotion!

Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very important

I am a happy bunny now because it does seem perfect for us, and i already had my heart set on Thailand. Thanks Monica