We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which month during low season?

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which month during low season?

I everyone, planning on visiting Thailand with Hong Kong next year. I was planning on going during low season, when flights and hotels are much cheaper. Last year we went to Malaysia and Bali during September time, and it was like the low season then.

Despite being low season we had great weather.

For Thailand, but for Bangkok and Koh Samui in general which month would be the best to visit, for great weather etc.

I understand Nov- March are great months to visit, but also the peak time and bussiest time. We would like to visit in a month where the weather is still great but low season, if im making sense lol!

Which months would you say?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which month during low season?

Avoid Late October through to early December.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which month during low season?

Monsoon season in most of Thailand is June-October inclusive. The later in the season, the heavier and more prolonged the rains gets. In the south, including most islands, the season is a bit later, and a little rain is possible all year. November-February is the so-called cool season, March-May is the hot season. Peak Season is December-January and April, with November and February close behind.

Hope this gives you some idea.

Mentioned in this post
Koh Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which month during low season?

I say June, great weather but low visitor numbers (they're waiting for the school holidays that start mid July).

Lou

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which month during low season?

Thanks for the replies!

London
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which month during low season?

Beginning of May used to be my favourite time - start of low season so flights/hotels/packages cheaper and normally before start of really wet weather. Few years ago went to Samui September - supposedly low season and had excellent weather - went again in February - supposedly high season and had bad weather. So really I would go whenever suits your time scale and not worry about weather.

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
6. Re: Which month during low season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 24, 2009