We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Samui in August?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
299 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Samui in August?

Hi, I've just booked a 7-night saty at the Anantara in Samui in the beginning of August.

Could you please let me know what the weather is like in Samui in August?

Also, do you think the Anantara is a good choice? It seems very nice on the net.

Thanks,

Philip

London
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Samui in August?

my family went Aug 2004 for 12 nights, had about 3 rainy afternoons. Dried up very quickly.

London
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Samui in August?

my family went Aug 2004 for 12 nights, had about 3 rainy afternoons. Dried up very quickly.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
299 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Samui in August?

Thanks whitehart.

Anybody stayed at the Anantara? Any comments?

London
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Samui in August?

sorry can't help with the hotel - but just to confirm, we were in Koh Samui aswell last August. We were there for 7 nights and only saw a little bit of rain on one afternoon!!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
299 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Samui in August?

Just returned from 8 days at the Anantara. I'm amazed at some of the negative reviews in this forum. The Anantara is wonderful! I visited most other exclusive hotels in Samui, and it is the best. Of course the Santiburi and Meridien are a little better, but much more expensive. The Anantara is on Bophut beach, about 8 minutes drive from the noisy Chaweng beach. Bophut beach is very nice to look at, but swimming (as in most beaches in Samui) is average. The pool is amazing. The service is impeccable. The rooms are a bit small but very cosy and extremely well designed. The staff are incredible (of course service in Thailand is good almost anywhere).

Here's a few valuable points: 1) the spa facilities are great, but spa treatments are much too expensive (about 60 euros for a 60' aromatherapy massage per person). You can find good spa treatment much cheaper elsewhere. 2) definitely get an ocean view room above the pool (we had room 236), the view is amazing. 3) The hotel charges you about 3 euros (!) for every bath salt you use in your bathtub - unacceptable for an exclusive spa resort. 4) don't miss out on the BBQ dinners served on the beach every 2-3 days - it’s a very romantic experience! 6) at a very good price (about 50 euros for 2 persons) you can have a seafood BBQ dinner with lobster, etc, on your private terrace, very romantic, definitely worth it! 6) The Full Moon (Italian) restaurant is very expensive with average food, but great setting & view.

Overall, the Anantara is a wonderful hotel, very well kept and very quiet and relaxing. In my opinion, one of the best hotels (if not the best) on the island (apart from 2-3 much more expensive ones). I would surely recommend it!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Samui in August?

i am here now and I would like someone to turn down the temperature!! Does that answer your question?