We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction work at Samui Paradise Chaweng?

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Construction work at Samui Paradise Chaweng?

Hi All,

We will be staying here from 23rd February and have been advised by another forum member that although the hotel re-opened on 16/12, there is still a lot of construction work going on there - they ended up staying elsewhere last month as they said it was unbearable.

The hotel web-site does not mention this at all.

Has anyone stayed there recently, and if so, did you find the work impacted on your stay? We have booked a grand seaside villa.

Any comments would be appreciated - even if you have just walked past or had a look.

Many thanks,

Sandy

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction work at Samui Paradise Chaweng?

Anyone?..........

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction work at Samui Paradise Chaweng?

I have walked past it twice over the last week but only had a view from the beach so can't give a full answer. It is in a great location right at the south of Chaweng and the beach is nice and quiet. It is a lovely modern design and the restaurant looks attractive. There were lots of people having breakfast so it is definitely occupied. I noticed that whatever is going to be above the restaurant is still under construction but no noise ... however it was only 9am. Last week the final beachfront villas windows were getting cleaned and furniture put in. These look super BUT are not hugely private as they have a full window onto the beach...... I guess you could call them absolute beachfront!! Will be wonderful views. There is a huge old resort site next door which is in the process of being demolished (I think...) but there is little activity and I think it would be less annoying than some of the music further up. Will be walking again later this week so will pay more attention.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction work at Samui Paradise Chaweng?

how far is it from samui paradise to the main strip of shops in Chaweng?

I have read on a review on another site that someone mentioned 30 minutes - others 10 to 15 mins.. can you please confirm this?

Thanks in advance,

Izzy

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction work at Samui Paradise Chaweng?

sorry i forgot to mention walking distance

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction work at Samui Paradise Chaweng?

Fleetcat,

You're a gem - thank you for your detailed report.

If you see anything else, please add to the post. We are booked for a grand seaside villa - the ones directly on the beach were way out of our price range.

Cheers,

Sandy

6. Re: Construction work at Samui Paradise Chaweng?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 19, 2009