We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April weather in Gulf of Thailand and Andaman Coast

London
3 posts
Save Topic
April weather in Gulf of Thailand and Andaman Coast

Hi there,

I'm looking to book a couple of weeks in Thailand today and plan to go right at the end of March 2008 for two weeks.

My issue is, do we go to somewhere in the Gulf of Thailand or somewhere on the Andaman side?!

We were in Phi Phi at the end of May in 2007 and it was 90% sun and 30 degree heat (lovely!) so we are thinking of going to Ko Lanta as it's one of the islands we didn't do last year.

Alternatively, would somewhere like Ko Samui or Ko Chang be better/more reliable in terms of sunshine and no rain? I'm not fussed about the humidity just need two weeks of sun... you know what it's like living in London! (if you've ever been here that is! ha ha)

Thanks for any responses

Nick

Long Beach, New York
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April weather in Gulf of Thailand and Andaman Coast

Hi Nick, I was in Koh Samui back in April 2003 for my honeymoon and plan on going back the same time this year. It was SUNNY, HOT and HUMID everyday for the 7 days straight we were there. The water was very shallow and we had to by rafts (or lie lows as others call them) just to keep cool. We stayed at the Chewang Regent, in a Royal Suite and LOVED it! We were going to try other islands but we loved our Holiday and the memories we shared so we can't part with Koh Samui & Phuket, LOL

Enjoy whatever place you choose.

2. Re: April weather in Gulf of Thailand and Andaman Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 16, 2009