We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tongsai Bay Construction

London
13 posts
Save Topic
Tongsai Bay Construction

Does anyone know the details of what is going on at the Tongsai Bay regarding the construction work? For example: where is the building work in relation to the resort, can the construction work be seen and heard from the resort and what is being built?

We have booked our honeymoon at the Tongsai for the end of May 2008, but after hearing about the construction work on this forum I am getting worried that this may of been the wrong choice.

Any information on this will be much appreciated,

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tongsai Bay Construction

Fear not. We are staying at Tongsai Bay in Feb 08 as part of our honeymoon. I e-mailed the resort and they said the construction will be finished well before February. (Let's just hope they stick to their schedule.) But as late as May, you should definitely be fine.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tongsai Bay Construction

Hmm, let me caveat that. I am referring to renovation works going on within the resort - I'm not sure about any other construction next to the resort.

London
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tongsai Bay Construction

Thanks for you reply.

There are a couple of threads on the forum where they mention building/ construction work next door.

See:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293918-i7560-k157…

And:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293918-i7560-k158…

This seems to be people that have been informed this by their travel agent rather than through first hand experience so perhaps there is some mis-information being spread here and they are getting confused with the renovation work going on within the resort? My Travel Agent didn't mention a word of any building work going on when we booked.

4. Re: Tongsai Bay Construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 16, 2009