We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five, Four & Five!

London, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Five, Four & Five!

Sounds like a football term doesn't it? What I mean is...I have booked five nights at Lamia Wanta (about to be confirmed-hopefully!) therefore to satisfy my (un) natural urges wandering and otherwise, I have 2 blocks of 4 & 5 days left to accommadate. I've stayed at Chaweng previously and it's fair to say I'm a fan, however, can't help feeling I may be missing something! Just to be clear, I like the bars, I like the beach and I like the entertainment they offer, in which case, does that really just leave me Chaweng to consider? I spent last February in Phuket where I hopped from Kata to Karon from Rawai to Patong, (rhymes, golly I'm a poet but didn'y know it!) oh what fun we had! I will proberbly arrive and go snooching as I normally do, however I would appreciate some direction therefore suggestions are more than welcome. Kind Regards, Phil, who is freezing his little sock's off in London at the moment, just remember..Stay warm and prosper (who said that?), JLP I fink!

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Five, Four & Five!

The nearest thing to chewang on samui is Lamai. I love the Wanta have stayed there a couple of times.

lamai is not as busy as chewang but still things going on.

I think if you really like that and patong. places like chong mon maenam and boput will be too quiet for you.

like you say have a mooch around and see.

when are you going?

london
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Five, Four & Five!

at the wanta your located bang on the beach and a 2 minute walkt to the main drag.

on the main drag you jave the bauhaus which has different things going on nightly.further down the road there is club fusion.across from fusion there are many girly bars and on a saturday night there is a free to watch thai boxing show with at least 1 bout where 2 girls from the surrounding bars fight each other.in the corner of these bars there a small club called solo or soho which stays open till about 3 or so.

you can have a good time in lamai but its more laid back than chaweng.

London, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Five, Four & Five!

Thank's jaxw & tag420uk, good info! I arrive 15th February 2008 and if it wasn't for the fact that I love moving around I would probably stay the whole period at Lamai Wanta but, I get itchy feet. Last time in Samui I stayed at the Amari Palm Reef as well as Central Samui Beach Resort, both really nice (Amari better) but too restrictive, especially at 02:00! A nice apartment, bungalow or other self-contained property would be ideal, I never get up for breakfast anyway, I'm on 'oliday for god's sake! Although saying that, a pool would be most welcome. Speaking of which, although I have my PADI, a nice gentle re-introduction to the rudiments before a dive would be really handy, know of anyone you would recommend? If I see you there I might just stand you two a beer...or 2, or 3...Regards Phil.

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Five, Four & Five!

Stayed at the Amari 3 times as well and it is lush. Nothing wrong with a bit 'o pampering.

5. Re: Five, Four & Five!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:24 am, September 15, 2009