We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting the best fare on Bangkok Airways

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Getting the best fare on Bangkok Airways

I am getting married in Koh Samui at the end of February, and right now trying to deal with booking flights on Bangkok Airways for family members from Singapore to Koh Samui. Seems really pricy for such a short hop, but I realize Bangkok Airways has a monopoly on the route. If I book tickets now for flights in Feb, the total fare is about $550 SGD per person. Phew! However, I noticed the airline has certain specials for booking closer to the date one is flying: if I was flying within the next month or so, I would save quite a few dollars on the airfare.

The point is, should I wait to book the flights? Will I get a better price if I book closer towards February? Or am I running the risk of the flights selling out? I hope somone familiar with the workings of Bangkok Airways can help!

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting the best fare on Bangkok Airways

i don't really know about from singapore but i have used them a lot and the price is fairly static apart from if you fly on the first plane out or the last one out of Bangkok.

As you say they do have the monopoly so you have no option other than to fly to Bangkok and then from bangkok to samui and that leg would have to be with Bangkok airways.

The price for the mainstream time flights from Bangkok to Samui is around £100 sterling return or 3,500 bhat.

i have never know the fares to go cheaper and if I want a particular date I always book well in advance to make sure that we get the flights we want.

Feb is still quite a busy time on Samui as the weather is good then.

sorry if this has been long winded but not really told you anything !

2. Re: Getting the best fare on Bangkok Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 13, 2009