We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rent a scooter/motobike in Ko Samui

Melbourne
3 posts
Save Topic
rent a scooter/motobike in Ko Samui

I am going to Ko Samui in January, and I would like to get some advice and price in renting a scooter/bike in Ko Samui.

Is it safe to drive? and also if you would know roughly the price!

Thank you for your help!

Andrea

Sydney, Australian
Level Contributor
12 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rent a scooter/motobike in Ko Samui

Mindy, if you're an experienced rider it's no worries.

Whater you do don't double a passenger if you're not experienced.

There's loads of places to rent from and it wont be more than A$10 a day. You'll need your passport.

Depending on the star of hotel they may organise it for you.

Last Christmas we took scooters everywhere 125cc and had no problems.

You can easily do a round the island trip in a day.

Getting petrol is very interesting, you can buy in a 1 litre bottle or from a hand pump by the side of the road.

have a great trip.

Cheers

Bryan

Melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: rent a scooter/motobike in Ko Samui

Thank you for your tips, I am going to hire a scooter or a motobike to go around the island, and I think that $10 are not too much, less than pay a taxi during the night also.

Cheers,

Andrea

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rent a scooter/motobike in Ko Samui

Andrea

I would strongly advise against leaving your passport anywhere let alone a place where you hire a scooter.Most places will ask for it but just offer a copy. If this is not accepted move along to the next place.Unscrupulous operators use the passport as leverage to charge an exorbitant amount for so called "damage".

Jamie

4. Re: rent a scooter/motobike in Ko Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 13, 2009