We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLEASE HELP: Too many to Choose from!!!

California
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
PLEASE HELP: Too many to Choose from!!!

First of all let me give a very brief back ground:

1.We are honeymooners from San Francisco

2. Wants to go to a gorgeous beach not too crowed with people.

3. While it is a honeymoon trip, we want serenity and all, but we are in our mid 20's and still want some activites and other sightseeing.

4. We are going for a 3 day 2 nites trip only 11/13-11/15 [We have a very tight schedule to keep to since we'll be hitting Shanghai, HK, and Japan also] So we want to squeeze in a "honeymoon-beach-destination" into our itiernary, thus where this comes in.

Now here's my dilemma: I am overwhelm with all the great beach destination Asia has to offer!!! (we've never been to any beaches in asia, but we've been to Hawaii plenty of times)

I know i won't go wrong with any of the following choices but wants a more honeymoon gorgeous white sand beach to lay on with a good combo of sightseeing activities

Our choices are:

1. Koh Samui

2. Phuket

3. Bali

4. Maldives- Not until we check with our travel agency did we know Maldives are double in price than all the other choices. So if others are just as nice. We'll save half the money!!! Cus this is kinda out of budget for us, but if this is THE place we might consider it. )

5. Maybe other good hidden choices up for suggestion???

**I am posting this in different forums and I am looking forward for some honest votes back ( Hopefully I don't get too much of Koh Samui is great because I am in the Koh samui forum, or Phuket is the choice only because i am in the Phuket forum, etc)

Thank you SO MUCH for helping us out in picking our honeymoon spot!!!! ^___^

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PLEASE HELP: Too many to Choose from!!!

Maldives wins hands down if you are purely looking for idyllic beaches.

Rainy November in Samui.Phuket a better choice at that time of year.

Bali beaches only o.k.

Thought about Sri Lanka?Near the Maldives but much more interesting.

2. Re: PLEASE HELP: Too many to Choose from!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 11, 2009