We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel in ko samui

essex
Level Contributor
198 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel in ko samui

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone can help me.I want to book up to come here in April 08.There are so many hotels to choose from.What ones are some of the nicest.I'm looking for 4-5 star.I want a a stunning beech if possible and one that is good for snokkeling.Not sure if the last one is possible or not.I love the idea of some of the places that have the outdoor baths and private pools but they might turn out to be to expensive.Anyway this might be the last exotic holiday we have before we have children so thats why I want it to be perfectAny advise would be gratefully recived.Also we are hoping to start the holiday off for 2or 3 nights in Singapore or hong kong so any advise on that would be helpful too

essex
Level Contributor
198 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel in ko samui

Can anyone help me with this someone must of stayed somewhere nice here???

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel in ko samui

Sooty90 - i sent a post like yours in the past and got no response too - I know now it is because you are asking too many questions and not giving enough info yourself. Samui is quite apparently lovely and you have got far enough to decide to visit but as you already obviously know it is not really a place to snorkel as the waters are mostly shallow. Understanding you do not have a limitless budget I would recommend either Sala Samui in a garden room - it has most of the benefits of a pool suite but a lot cheaper, Zazen on Bophut or there are many recommendations on Trip Advisor for Chaweng where I have not stayed. Chaweng is (IMO) the most lovely beach on the island but for that reason it is the most busy and touristy. If you are travelling from the UK then Hong Kong is a long way further on for a short trip (and more expensive) so if you want the city then Singapore would be better - although if you have not been to Bangkok it would be my preferred option and the cheapest.

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,348 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel in ko samui

Hi Sooty,

Just came back from KS 2 weeks ago - Chaweng beach is the best part of KS - but don't think you will get snorkelling in - stayed at the Dara Samui and loved it - they have just opened up the 4 Dara villa rooms which are on pool level - if we could afford it we would stay there again. The pool gets the sun all day - a lot of the resorts have pools that are too shaded.

The middle to the south end of Chaweng has the best swimming, so if you want that area, maybe Poppies, Banana Fan Sea or Buri Rasa may suit you.

The beach is a delight at night - lovely restaurants on the beach with lots of fireworks - absolutely stunning!

Looked at Rocky's Resort and Zazen, but although they were beautiful, we felt that because of the location, we would have been more inclined to not venture out as much, like you can in Chaweng.

Hope this helps,

Sandy

4. Re: which hotel in ko samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 11, 2009