We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sala Samui Reservations?

Houston, TX
1 post
Save Topic
Sala Samui Reservations?

Hi,

I was trying to get a reservation for a SALA pool villa at Sala Samui. I'm going to be there on my honeymoon in Jan 2006 and had a couple of questions

- Is the resort website the best place to book the villa? I used their web email reservation to book a villa, but havent gotten any response from them in a couple of days now.

- Is there any phone number to their reservations desk?

- Do they have any special packages for honeymoon couples?

Thanks for y'alls help!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sala Samui Reservations?

Instead of trying to contact them on Samui I would talk to their Bangkok Booking office : International+66-2-231-2588, do remember the time difference so if you are in IAH about 8pm to 9 pm would be a good time to call, their fax is +66-2-231-2589. A lot of hotels and resorts control their booking through Bangkok and you will hopefully find someone speaking good English. Good luck.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sala Samui Reservations?

We have reserved the presidential suite villa for 6/05 through the hotel's website. I had spent great deal of time researching the different prices from various internet travel agencies in Bangkok. I found that the prices in Sala Samui's website was the lowest. The price did not change whether you booked with them through the internet or through the phone. I had made my reservations for June in 2/05. Since then Sala Samui has gain its reputation for being one of the luxury hotels in Ko Samui. Therefore, the prices now especially for January when it's considered high season might be higher. I had got email confirmation probably within one business day due to time difference. They have answered all my questions and responded them promptly. Definitely the phone call may be more challenging depending on who is in the front desk. I hope this helps!

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sala Samui Reservations?

I've booked the Sala Samui for 6 nights of my honeymoon in September. I checked out the web rates and called the hotel to see if they were any different - they weren't. I also got a quote from a travel agent, and it was for about 10% less than the rate on the web. So I went with the travel agent (obviously!) It might be worth your while checking out your local travel agent.

ireland
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sala Samui Reservations?

Can you say which travel agent you used. we couldnt get anyone to do it cheaper

thanks

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sala Samui Reservations?

Yep - Ebookers. We were prepared to book the whole honeymoon independently, so we priced it on the web and with Ebookers, Twohigs and Trailfinders. Ebookers gave us the best price, with the hotels we wanted, and we weren't able to find any of the hotels cheaper online.