We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samui to bangkok

Telford, England
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Samui to bangkok

We have been trying to find out details of a night ferry from koh samui to bangkok, but have found no info on this. Is there even such a ferry and if there is where can we find info???

bangkok
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samui to bangkok

Doggone101

There are no direct ferries from Samui to BKK. if you don'y fly direct then most people take the ferry to Surat thani on the mainland then take either the bus or train to BKK.

bkk3

london
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samui to bangkok

from what i remember there is no night ferry from samui to bkk.

there is a night ferry that goes from samui to surat thani but it takes a very long time of around 7 or 8 hours.the ferry that sails in the morning/daytime takes around 3 hours.

dont know how much the night ferry costs but wouldnt of thought it was more than 300baht.

i travelled to samui from bkk last xmas and bought a combo ticket for 600baht which was for the coach to surat thani and the ferry to samui.thought about the night ferry myself but after 12 hours on a coach from bkk to surat thani tha last thing i wanted was another 8 hour stint travelling.

try these people, sealionlamai@yahoo.com tel.077-233343

there based in lamai and i have bought plane tickets and rented scooters from them in the past with no problems.