We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anantara - Samui.... Fair criticism or not?

Southern Hemisphere
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anantara - Samui.... Fair criticism or not?

Hi, we are at the point of booking our Honeymoon in Samui and have been blown away by a recent review on the 11 July 07.(tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1179396-d50…). Can anyone PLEASE help us with their view on this resort and whether it is an ideal place for 4 days of luxury & slothing! Also, how are the regular suites vs the Royal Anantara suites arranged? Any (more!) can you guys out there recommend/comment on the ground floor terraces vs the 2nd/3rd floor equivalents?

Many thanks again!

Cheers,

Mr & (and soon to be) Mrs Swig

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anantara - Samui.... Fair criticism or not?

HI

I have never been to this resort

just a few comments on reviews.

I look at all the reviews posted on the resort then I can get a general idea of the majority of posters. feelings.

I read all the reviews. the previous post the day before loved the place the post in question seems to have only one post and that was to slam the resort. I usuaaly disregard posters who only join to slam a resort who knows why they had such a bad time it could be they just can't be pleased or they may have the wrong resort.

lots of places sound the same people get names and places confused all the time in thailand. right now I wouldn't put too much stock in the last review.

Southern Hemisphere
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anantara - Samui.... Fair criticism or not?

Thanks sawadeeka, good advice and probably appropriate here. Lino flooring doesn't seem to "go" with Anantara Samui as the reviewer suggested.... Cheers,

Hampshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anantara - Samui.... Fair criticism or not?

Hi

I have just booked this resort for 5 - nights (Deluxe room) and after reading the review I was also a bit shocked. However the comments seem odd compared to the photos of the hotel, for example the pool looks to be fairly large (well large compared to other resorts on the island). The hotel also claims it has teak (wood) flooring throughout and not lino

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anantara - Samui.... Fair criticism or not?

Hi,

we stayed at the Anantara for our honeymoon at Xmas and New Year. I don't think this reviewer shares our experiences at all. It was, so far, the best hotel I've ever stayed in!!!

Staff are beyond helpful, the food is fantastic, the pool is not small and I definately didn't see any lino flooring!

In fact, it was so good that we are returning to Samui next month.

Enjoy!

5. Re: Anantara - Samui.... Fair criticism or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 05, 2009