We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bungalow Advice?

NYC
Level Contributor
147 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Bungalow Advice?

Looking for suggestons on affordable beachfront bungalows.

Trip planned for Feb.

Thanks in advance :)

-Ben

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bungalow Advice?

I have stayed at the Coral Bay Resort about a 5 minute tuk tuk to central Chaweng. They have huge separate bungalows with direct access to the beach, nice restaurant etc. Check out their website www.coralbayresort/samui.com. There are plenty of others in better locations but it all depends on what you want.

Coffs

london
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bungalow Advice?

how much are you willing to part with per night.

when we know this im sure youll get plenty of help.

NYC
Level Contributor
147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bungalow Advice?

I'd like to keep it as close to or under 3000 baht per night.

Thanks again!

Ben

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,720 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bungalow Advice?

Hi

check out Coral Cove Chalet

it is between changwei and lamaii beach

has it own private beach

good for couples not singles

quiet and secluded bungaloos

but the main hotel is near the road.

Koh Samui
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bungalow Advice?

Hi Ben

Depending on how many persons in your party - and in view of your current budget - you might get better value for money by booking a self-catering villa for the duration.

There you can cook-in, eat-out or get food delivered - these are choices not normally available at resorts. And, considering food is the third most expensive vacation cost (after flights and rooms) you would be very wise to consider this option.

Try Villarenters.com. They have over a hundred villas available.

Good luck - and enjoy your stay.

Sawat dee khrab

LOL

NYC
Level Contributor
147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bungalow Advice?

Thank you both!

It will likely be myself and my girlfriend (assuming no friends jump on at the last minute).

I'll check both of those options out.

I've read great reviews on The Waterfront up on Bo Phut beach. It looks to be close to my price range.

The problem I'm finding is that a lot of the resorts people recomend on here are a bit too high end. They look beautiful, but I'd really be hapyp with a Beachfront Bungalo, a hamock and a nice beach. For me this trip is about experience over luxury.

Thanks again...

If anyone else has any advice feel free to chime in!

-Ben

Nova Scotia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bungalow Advice?

Hello, we are a group of 6 people traveling to Samui the first of January until the end of the month. Like Ben we are going for the experience and do not want to go high end.Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, would it be risky for us to book only for the first week and scout accommadation for the reming 3 weeks.

Thanks

Finley

NYC
Level Contributor
147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bungalow Advice?

sawadeeka,

Question about the coral cove chalet...

Are they individual bungalows on the beach front?

I'm having trouble seeing that on their web site.

Thanks,

Ben

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,720 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bungalow Advice?

Hi Ben

coral Cove Chalet has 6 or 8 bungaloos down the hill from the main hotel but above the beach they all have views of the ocean

and about 100 ft to 200 ft from the beach

there are a few connected so they can accomadate larger groups.

the sea view suite bungaloo is a large bungaloo that sits on a large rock outcropping right above the beach. it is awsome but the most expensive

they prcie them the same as delux rooms you have to ask for the bungaloo or they will put you in the hotel.

you are going in high season they may be booked

10. Re: Bungalow Advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 05, 2009