We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Samui Jan 2008 (money)

Stoke on Trent...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ko Samui Jan 2008 (money)

Hey

Hope all is well for everyone.

I will be making my first trip to the wonderfull island and thailand in Jan 2008

How much spending money do you think i would need for 3 weeks? i will be doing the normal 26 year olds stuff

thanks in advanced for your help

Manchester
Level Contributor
227 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Samui Jan 2008 (money)

Hi there,

When i back packed around Thailand (2 girls aged 24) a couple of years ago I spent £1500 in 3 months on backpackers type accommodation i.e £5 per night, transport/food/booze/massages with the odd trip(temples,elephants/hill tribes,trekking) full moon partys etc and lots of shopping bringing all sorts back(fake designer stuff jewellery etc this was more than enough.

Then on a 2 week holiday last year I spent £400 on the same kind of stuff, it really does depend on your personal spending habits, accommodation preferences and what you'd like to see and do so you could spend half the amount I did or even double or triple, hope this gives you an idea anyway

Happy tarvels!!

Mentioned in this post
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
346 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ko Samui Jan 2008 (money)

Steve

My wife and I have just done 4 days in Cambodia and then 10 days in Samui. We ate out each lunch and evening, bought the usual T shirts etc and brought change home from £500. This was just our spending money for food gifts and taxis etc. All of our accomodation had been paid for in advance. We did eat at a couple of top end restaurants but he remainder and lunches were 5 - 10 a day for both of us.

I would strongly suggest allowing enough to hire a jeep for the day 600 - 800 baht plus petrol @40 baht a litre. If you cant drive or dont fancy a hiring something then taxis will soon add up. At the risk or repeating myself also get a Nationwide building society flex account card to use for withdrawing money - it has once again been voted the best card for Uk residents to use abroad. Check out moneysavingexpert.com for details.

Have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post
Stoke on Trent...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ko Samui Jan 2008 (money)

thanks for bot of ur replys

yeah i have a nationwide just opened one up great card to have when away. thanks for all the information i just crnt wait go now only 6 months to wait!!!!

london
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ko Samui Jan 2008 (money)

on my first trip with my mates i didnt have much change left out of 1100 pounds for a 16 day stint,but that was a holliday to the excess.

returned there again and spent about 650-700. and still had a top time.

have a great time.

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ko Samui Jan 2008 (money)

When me and Dave spend 3 weeks there we spend about 900 GBP. This is doing what we want when we want with accommodation already paid for.

6. Re: Ko Samui Jan 2008 (money)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 05, 2009