We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Samui Wedding

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ko Samui Wedding

Hi is Bella around or anyone else that could help????

I'm just about to book and pay depsit for our wedding at Rocky Resort for next July/August. I'm booking it direct with them and feel a little nervous can anyway put my mind at ease or has anyone booked their wedding direct?? I'm about to skip down to Kuoni travel agent and pay a ridiculous amount just to see someone face to face and have come back if anything goes wrong, as i'm about to spend thousands of pounds with them.

Thanks Louise

Koh Samui
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Samui Wedding

Hi Louise

Try going to www.onlyibsamui.com you will find a really professional wedding service on Samui itself. You can get a free week's honeymoon too.

Sorted Yeah

Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ko Samui Wedding

Froggie I am planning my wedding in 2008 at Rocky's. I hven't paid yet but they've been fabulous so far, answering all my (many!) questions quickly and professionally. I have no hesitation in booking directly with them after reading so many fabulous stories on the trip advisor forums and also on a UK bridal forum (though I'm an aussie :).

I'd be wary of that site KohSamui Derek posted (www.onlyinsamui.com) - I've seen it somewhere on the trip advisor forums before though I can't remember if it was prasied or warned against... try looking back through the forums or searching for it...

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ko Samui Wedding

Thanks Kotehok,

Yeah Luke the manger seems really genuine and i've booked loads of stuff over the internet, I think it's just because of the sum of money and because it for your wedding it makes me panic a little!

Thats great you getting married there aswell, it looks gorgeous doesn't it! What date are you thinking? Let me know how your plans go, pm me if you want to swop any ideas to do with your wedding at Rockys,

thanks again Louise

Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ko Samui Wedding

Yes its Luke Salway we've been corresponding with also. He's been extremely patient! He's even offered to organise a Baptist minister to conduct our ceremony as I'm Christian (Anglican) and had my heart set on a religious wedding and as we are not Catholic we don't meet the requirements to be married by the Catholic minister. I had my doubts as this but manged to contact someone on another forum who had the same baptist minister conduct her ceremony in Samui.

As you can guess I am quite fussy!

We haven't set a specific date yet - we are looking at June - early September 2008 and we are waiting for feedback from family and friends as to what dates would suit those who are willing to make the voyage to share the day with us.

Best of luck!

5. Re: Ko Samui Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, September 05, 2009