We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odd question re: laptops

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
986 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Odd question re: laptops

I just aquired a laptop which I intend to take on holiday with me and I just wondered, as they are an expensive item that won`t fit in a safety deposit box what do you do to keep it secure when not in the room? Do I have to take it down to reception every day? Also I have read about locks for laptops anyone got any tips on this?? I`m afraid i`ve become a bit of a technophobe since moving back from London to N. Ireland. Any help would be appreciated. Ta folks.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Odd question re: laptops

HI

I put my laptop in my suitcase and lock it up when I am not in the room I also never leave any cables or any things visiable that may tell people I have a laptop .

You can buy an inexpensive wireless laptop just for travel

that is what I did .I only payed $600 US for it.

it even came with a universal power supply plugs into any power source. 110 in USA and 220 in thailand.

it grabs all wireless signals automaticly.

I always back up everything incase the worst does happen.

go and have great time just use common sense and you should have no problem.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
986 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Odd question re: laptops

Thanks for that Sawadeka

Good point about the cables.

Thanks

3. Re: Odd question re: laptops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, August 31, 2009