We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full Moon Party

leeds
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Full Moon Party

Hi

Me and my friends are staying on Phuket, arriving on 29th December. We want to go the full moon party on Koh Phagnan and wondered what is the best way to get there and back?

Also do you recommend staying over for the night.

Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full Moon Party

You have two options

1. catch a plane to ko samui (approx 1 hour - bangkok airways) - then catch a ferry to ko phangan

2. catch a boat from phuket to ko phangan (this would take a long time - not sure how long though)

I would definately stay there over night, but you may find it hard to get accomodation for just one night as most places are minimum 5 night stay when the FMP is on.

Most people choose to fly to ko samui and spend a couple of nights there and then go to the party...otherwise your spending alot of money and time just to go to a party. Unless you wanted to do an "all-nighter" you will NEED accomodation... you will not get back to phuket that same night.

2. Re: Full Moon Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 02, 2009