We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bophut vs Bang Rak

scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bophut vs Bang Rak

Hi, I'm getting confused with the areas. Is Bang Rak the same as Big Budda beach? Have narrowed down accomodation to Waterfront and Panpreeda. Whilst I can find lots of info about Bophut (decent selection of shops, restaurants whilst still remaining fairly quiet) I am struggling to find info on Bang Rak. Is it similar? I'm looking for a fairly relaxing holiday, near beach, selection of restaurants and option to do tours. Which option suits best?

Thanks in advance.

Louise

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bophut vs Bang Rak

Definitely Bo Phut and definitely The Waterfront. No comparison. Bo Phut is still a traditional village (despite the onset of tourism) with a lovely beach, superb retaurants and a lively if limited nightlife (2 or 3bars - the best of which is Billabong - and I'm not a bar person!!!!!). Bang Rak doesn't have the authenticity of Bo Phut. If you're the type of person who put's location and authenticity at the top of your list - then go for Bophut - and definitely The Waterfront - you won't be disappointed.

Jan

scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bophut vs Bang Rak

Thanks for your help. Will now try to book asap.

3. Re: Bophut vs Bang Rak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 31, 2009