We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool Access or bugalow on beach????

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Pool Access or bugalow on beach????

Hi all,

This is my first post on the Koh Samui forum after having lived on the Phuket one for many months.

My fiance & I have just come back from our 3rd trip in Phuket, but want to do Samui for a few days in October for our honeymoon (along with some time in Phuket as well)

We were spoilt in Phuket with Pool Access rooms, so we are looking for mid-range accommodation.

Can anyone suggest a lovely place for us to stay:

1) Either pool access or bungalow right on the beach

2) Close to shops, restaurants etc.

Preferably not too many children.

If pool access, we want one with plenty of sun.

Can anyone help with ideas??

Thank you so much,

Sandy & John

australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool Access or bugalow on beach????

HI Sandy and John

Having spoilt myself also in Phuket in a pool access room in samui we are going for lamai wanta for a nice villa at a reasonable price... its very reasonably priced try www.lamaiwanta.com not pool access but looks great for the price

see what you think.

australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool Access or bugalow on beach????

HI Sandy and John

Having spoilt myself also in Phuket in a pool access room in samui we are going for lamai wanta for a nice villa at a reasonable price... its very reasonably priced try www.lamaiwanta.com not pool access but looks great for the price

see what you think.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool Access or bugalow on beach????

Hi Sandy, stayed at the Baan Chaweng Resort (see sawadee.com - and go to the interactive map where you can search by resort). Its in the heart of Chaweng (shops, bars etc), but this resort's main entrance is approx. 100m from the main street (neat driveway) and no street noise heard from your rooms. There are beachfront rooms but they get booked out early. We stayed in the main building which had nice view, walk down a lush tropical vegetated path to the pool, and then down six steps to the beach. Highly recommend this place - friendly english-speaking staff and great meals. We paid 2500 baht per night for double, including b'fast. Cheers, John

4. Re: Pool Access or bugalow on beach????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, September 08, 2009