We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Resort & Spa for holiday

Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Renaissance Resort & Spa for holiday

Going to Renaissance Resort & Spa for 5 days. How's the hotel ? Read the reviews and they looks good. Any good resturants or shops to recommend?

vancouver
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance Resort & Spa for holiday

we are staying at Reniassance for 4 nights. Food are expensive. Poor service. We are staying for honeymoon and are very disappointed. The beach is low tide and water too hot to swim. We will definitly not coming back for sure. Tranportation to the Chaweng cost B400 each way. The shuttle don't run every hour. And no shops around the hotel. A pina colando cost about B370.

Orlando
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance Resort & Spa for holiday

I never stayed at the Renaissance but I toured it a few times. I always thought it was nice. I can't say there's much shopping to do on Samui. You can go up to Chaewang but there's really most of that in BKK. Unless you're flying the direct flight from Singapore to Samui. In that case go up to Chaewang. There's a small little hippy shop in Hua Thanon, there's a painted VW bus parked outside..you can't miss it, it's right before the turn. They do nice leather work, rings and clothing, mostly for women. But it's fun to check out none the less. They are true locals there as well so it might be a point to ask them for a bit of what's happening on the island.

Take time and get a massage and steam and Tamarind Springs.

Other than that, as far as restaurants, The Cliff is nice, Rocky's Resort has good pizza. There's an Italian place called JoJo's on Lamai beach (have to access from the beach..road from the ring road is too complicated to explain here!) and well..there is a place called BetelNut in Chaewang..quite mostly but good. The chef lives upstairs.

Have fun!

3. Re: Renaissance Resort & Spa for holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 30, 2009