We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go.....

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to go.....

Hi there,

I'm thinking of taking my wife on holiday to Thailand, Ko Samui in particular, some time in July. She will be 6 months pregnant by then so probably looking for comfort and relaxation more than anything.

I hear that Thailand can be hot and humid at the best of times, will this be a bad time to take a quite pregnant wife to Ko Samui ? If its too hot and uncomfortable might make her feel pretty crap.

Thanks in advance

Mello

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to go.....

Hi Melloman, I personally don't think it would be a good idea to take your 6 month pregnant wife to Ko Samui in June. The weather will be hot and very humid both in Bangkok and Samui and the flight is quite long. I am only saying this because I am almost 6 months pregnant and the thought of the heat on Samui I know would kill me! I have been to Thailand 3 times and it is my favourite place in the world I absolutely love it and can't wait to go back, but would not want to go whilst this far into my pregnancy. Also, the food is gorgeous but one dodgy meal and you can get an upset tummy (as anywhere I suppose but this is the far east), I would take her somewhere a bit closer to home! Hope you have an excellent holiday wherever you go!

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to go.....

Thanks Manwell :o)

Looking in Europe now, even thats going to be very hot !!

What a tough one.

Thanks again though appreciate it and good luck !

Mello

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
986 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to go.....

Mello

If you are now looking at europe why not try Portugal, the far western algarve is georgeous and not built up and overrun like Spain. Also from my experience of being there several times there is a great breeze to take the sting off the heat. Our favourite spots are further west which is not overdeveloped but still has lots of nice restaurants and bars and fab beaches. Take a look at Praia Da Luz, Lagos or Alvor I think you both will enjoy. Meanwhile I`ll let you know how hot it is on Samui as we are going there last 2 weeks of June. Hope that helps.

4. Re: Best time to go.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:27 am, August 29, 2009