We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night near airport - help please :)

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Topic
1 night near airport - help please :)

Hi. Looking for one night accommodation in July in Koh Samui - short drive from airport. Then taking ferry next day. Wanting around $100 Australian. Must be very clean in room and breakfast food good quality and clean, quiet for night sleep - not a party place or near loud street noise, not run down. Safe place to be. Any suggestions for 10-15 mins from airport? Wanting best place I can get for pricing. Doesn’t matter about a pool - as will leave mid afternoon next day.

14 replies to this topic
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,745 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night near airport - help please :)

Hi

AU$100 is around 250thb a night - a pretty good rate and to be honest there are hundreds of hotels for that within 15mins of the airport - Anything from South Chaweng all around the north east coast to Bophut is well within 15mins from the airport.

Bangrak is closest and a quieter resort area but not that many hotels.

Choengmon is about 5-10mins and a quiet place

Bophut might be an option, and even Chaweng.

Other than a couple of hotels around Ark Bar there are not that many party places or much loud street noise after 9pm.

You will find lots of hotels that fit your bill in both of those and will certain get the 'best place'. Rather than just listing possible hotels that might fit the bill for you, it’s actually easier if you do some research and test bookings against these links as these include just about all the well-known big or smaller booking sites. You can see what fits your budget, style and requirements, draw up a shortlist for comments; which always gets a better response. TA offer a hotel comparison on prices now via, Hotels -> https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g293918… where you can read reviews of other travellers as well as do comparison bookings like https://www.hotelscombined.com/ , http://www.trivago.co.uk/ or https://www.skyscanner.net/hotels and http://www.trivago.com/ . I also like to contact the hotels directly as they often offer a better deal than the booking sites!

Put the names of the hotels that appeal as a short list and we can give some feedback as to how far they actual are from the airport.

Edited: 12:51 am, December 14, 2017
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night near airport - help please :)

TravelingMitch is off by a zero, AU$100 is about 2500 baht.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night near airport - help please :)

Bangrak is 15 min away from the airport. Quite a few inexpensive beach front hotels there. Have a look at Secret Garden for example.

Perth
Level Contributor
177 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night near airport - help please :)

I would look at Villa Tanamera ,it's in Bangrak so about 10 mins from airport ,stayed here and was very nice.

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night near airport - help please :)

HI - thanks everyone very much! I have done an online search - but mixed review on many of the places and hard to work out. Villa Tanemera looks nice actually - just looked - is the bed comfortable (mattress) for sleeping? Is it noisy at all at night? Is it ok for solo traveller and is breakfast of good quality?

I also wondered about: tango Beach hotel, cosi chaweng, and Nora chaweng? Any thoughts?

Want a comfy bed, clean and more modern surrounds in room, nice brekky - good quality and very clean with food, nice place to sit in the morning?? Quiet.

what do you think?

Was villa Tanamera quite new looking and not worn out?Breakfast? BEd?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,745 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night near airport - help please :)

LOL, yes it missed the zero, AU$100 = 2500thb!

strangely enough Chris, I was going to suggest Secret Garden, as it is lovely!

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 night near airport - help please :)

Hi - looked up secret garden - looks nice. One review said if you book a cheaper room there though - as mine would be - the rooms are near a busy noisy road - is this true?

Are the mattresses on beds very comfortable?

Is it quiet?

Is breakfast included or extra - and is it worth it?

Is it close to ferry terminal?

Thanks

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,745 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 night near airport - help please :)

The road is the main coast road, but I have never found the road to have a constant stream of traffic and it really does depend on what the reviewer considered as noisy and busy! I personally don't find it such. I find the hotel quiet and relaxed.

Never stayed in the hotel, so can't comment on the mattresses. I have eaten there several times, and also had breakfast.

The nearest ferry port is Seatran and Had Rin Queen, both about 5-10mins away. Lomprayah is about 10-15mins away.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 night near airport - help please :)

What's a comfortable mattress for one person will be uncomfortable for another. In general, the mattresses in Thailand tend to be on the firmer side. I prefer a firm mattress (better for your back) but other people prefer a soft mattress. So the hotels can't really win. At some hotels you can request a mattress topper if you find the bed too firm.

Perth
Level Contributor
177 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 night near airport - help please :)

Villa Tanamera ,is close to Ferry ,walked there. Do not remember what the mattress. was like but it was quiet, has a high wall out front. Breakfast was nice ,and I would think would suit single travellers, only small hotel ,may be out of your price range. Our room was right next to the pool which was great, Hope this helps.

Reply to: 1 night near airport - help please :)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted