We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anankhira villas on Koh Tao

london
3 posts
Save Topic
anankhira villas on Koh Tao

Has anyone been here or know anything about it. I think it's very new so I can't find any independent reviews on it. Naturally i'm a bit nervous about booking it. Any info at all would be helpful.

Thanks

Malmesbury
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: anankhira villas on Koh Tao

I'm also trying to find out about Anankhira. I've actually booked it so I hope it's OK :) If you find anything out, please post.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anankhira villas on Koh Tao

This is a small new place that hasn't opened yet so you won't be able to get any reviews on it.

UK
Level Contributor
588 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anankhira villas on Koh Tao

Hi, we are in Koh Tao at the moment staying in Coral Grand = we are supposed to go to Anankhira on Friday for 2 nights - it is opposite Coral Grand and looks like a building site - it is not finished rumour has it that 1 villa is ready. We have emailed regarding our booking but no one has replied yet. we are cancelling and going elsewhere

Malmesbury
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: anankhira villas on Koh Tao

This is very worrying, I am staying there for 10 days during my honeymoon.

Please could anyone give any more info.

UK
Level Contributor
588 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anankhira villas on Koh Tao

Hi - me again - Anankira have been very good at returning our money for our stay (which we couldnt complete as it is unfinished). they came to our hotel this morning and gave us cash for the money we had paid. My husband had a look and they have a lot of workmen up there trying really hard to get it finished - if you arnt coming for a few weeks you may be ok. If you do come unstuck and it is not finished I can recommend Muang Samui spa on Koh Samui - it is on Chaweng Beach which is the busy area but is a fab hotel we stayed 4 nights at the start of our holiday and are now going back for the last 3 - lovely place cannot rate it highly enough.

Malmesbury
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: anankhira villas on Koh Tao

Hi Thanks for the info. Sounds as though they are handling it very professionally and I'm sure all businesses have a few teething problems. I did get an email from the owner today stating that they have not planted the front of the villas yet but it will all be completed in a weeks time which sounds fair enough. I'm still looking forward to it. Thanks again.

kent uk
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: anankhira villas on Koh Tao

Hi There,I have booked to stay at anankhira for my honeymoon the last week in August,do you think everything will be finished by then? I am really looking forward to it but only want to stay if everything is open and usable...it is our honeymoon afterall!..... any thought? Thanks...

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anankhira villas on Koh Tao

I would first contact whoever you booked through and see what they say. From what I see above this place isn't finished building yet, did your agent or booking service tell you is was open?

kent uk
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: anankhira villas on Koh Tao

I booked it independantly direct with the hotel and am now worrying if it was a good idea....Do you think all the work would be done in before the end of august?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anankhira villas on Koh Tao

Sorry Jols have no idea, perhaps the poster who got their money back can give you a better idea. I am in bangkok and know nothing of thise place, strange how they have managed to attract business from overseas before even finsihed, for pure curiosity sake how did you all hear about this place? Did someone do a press write up or something, just curious how it managed to attract pre open bookings from outside of Thailand obviously so well !

I do recall a year or so back one of the main travel magaines who give out awards gave a high award ranking to a resort in Phuket months before it had even 'opened'!!