We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lamai Beach to Chaweng beach

Adelaide
2 posts
Save Topic
Lamai Beach to Chaweng beach

I'm thinking about staying in Lamai beach area, but will probably want to travel to Chaweng beach several times during my stay. Does anyone know if its expensive to travel between the two beaches and is it easy to get transport during the day and at night. ?

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lamai Beach to Chaweng beach

Hello

It`s fairly easy to get between the 2.I haven`t been since late `05 & then by songtaew it was about 50 baht of a day not sure now.Songtaews run around the island 24/7 obviously the later the fewer there are(i`m talking after most places have long closed)but normally no probs getting one but you will have to negoiate a price before you get on at night.

Somebody who has done this recently might help with a more accurate guide

Jamie

2. Re: Lamai Beach to Chaweng beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, August 12, 2009