We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle Hut or Al's hut

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
96 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Jungle Hut or Al's hut

Planning to go with a friend to Ko Samui sometime in April. I have just started to look for budget/mid range accomodation in Chaweng and I found the Jungle hut and Al's hut to be the recommended hotels. Which is better? Or any other hotel recommendations? My friend and I will stay in Ko Samui for 2 nights before flying back to Bangkok

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle Hut or Al's hut

Hi badbatz, Al's hut is in a good position pretty much in the middle of Chaweng shopping & restaurants & close to Coco blues pub..We did notice the planes fly straight over Al's but would only be say 4 flights maybe a day that fly over.. first one between 8am-8.30 am from memory.. CJ

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle Hut or Al's hut

Hi

I don`t know of a place called Jungle Huts the one similar 2 that I know is called Jungle club & depending what you are after,if you just want 2 days of very quiet time then stay at the Jungle Club.

However me personally you` re only there 2 days so to take in more of the sights,restaurants,clubs,shopping etc & save time on travelling(even though it`s not alot) i`d stay in Chaweng itself & for 2 nights Al`s Huts would be as good as any.

Jamie

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungle Hut or Al's hut

i forgot to mention Chaweng Beach also as a thing to see/do

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
96 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jungle Hut or Al's hut

Ooops sorry it is Jungle Club and not Jungle Hut.

I checked Al's Hut website and it's definitely not within our budget. I was thinking maybe in the range of 600 baht a person max per night with breakfast. Is is possible to find an accomodation for this price in the Chaweng beach front? If not which hotel would you recomment? Thanks!

5. Re: Jungle Hut or Al's hut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 24, 2009