We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hill tribes of Chiang Rai

Minnesota
Level Contributor
386 posts
17 reviews
7 helpful votes
Hill tribes of Chiang Rai
Save

I will be visiting Chiang Rai in a few weeks and plan to visit the hill tribes while I am there.

I would like to bring some small gifts for the children on my visit there. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could bring? Perhaps some crayons or balloons or something?

Also I wish to be respectful, I feel a little intrusive visiting them. Should I tip them if I take a photo of them etc? If so what would be apropreate? If anyone has visited these people and has any tips for my visit with them. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

perth
Level Contributor
20,310 posts
67 reviews
53 helpful votes
1. Re: Hill tribes of Chiang Rai
Save

Hi

Please do not "tip" or give them money. Bringing gift as such in your post is good gesture.

Giving them money will make them to think is ok to ask for money every time some one click away.

However you should ask permissions of the person/s you're going to take a photo with. Just smile, thank you/nod is good enough after you finish with them.

Edited: 6:54 pm, November 06, 2016
Minnesota
Level Contributor
386 posts
17 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Hill tribes of Chiang Rai
Save

Thank you,

I always ask before I take anyone's photo. It is only polite.

3. Re: Hill tribes of Chiang Rai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, November 08, 2017