We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Chiang Mai
Search

Chiang Mai Itinerary advice

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Chiang Mai Itinerary advice
Save

Hi,

I am trying to organize my Chiang Mai itinerary and was wondering if Wat Phra That Doi Suthep

and Bua Thong Waterfalls (Nam Phu Chet Si) could be done on the same day. Or is it too much? We have the other days planned and we now only have one free day left. We are also trying to fit Doi Inthanon National Park into our itinerary.

Any suggestions on which of these 3 sites we should see for sure / which ones of the 3 can be done in the same day?

Thanks!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Chiang Mai Itinerary advice
Save

With a private car (and driver) you can do (1) Doi Suthep (and maybe a village) in a half day if you start early, and then up to (2) Bua Thong waterfalls in the afternoon. OR do (3) Doi Inthanon including the waterfalls, botanical gardens, Royal Pagodas, summit, etc. But trying to do all three in one day is totally impractical, unrealistic, overkill, etc. Prioritise ;-)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Chiang Mai Itinerary advice
Save

Thank you for the information! Would you be able to tell me how we can go about hiring a private driver? Do we go through our hotel to hire a driver for the day?

Thank you!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Chiang Mai Itinerary advice
Save

I to would like to know how much to hirer a car and driver to visit these places and any recommendations please

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
12,431 posts
608 reviews
275 helpful votes
4. Re: Chiang Mai Itinerary advice
Save

Try untouched Thailand...we saw Doi Suthep and the park all in one day. Got my first taste for Khao Soi, and this trip, tried to find and eat, the best in the city..

5. Re: Chiang Mai Itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 09, 2017