We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Chiang Mai
Search

3 days in chiang mai

Ramat Gan, Israel
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
3 days in chiang mai
Save

my friend a I ,50+ years of age, first time in Thailand , going to be in Chiang Mai end of January for 3 full days. we would like to have a recommendation for a Hotel (nice, moderate price) and suggestions of what are the "do not miss" sites to see. we are not looking for extreme atractions...do not mind walking.

thanks

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
12,547 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: 3 days in chiang mai
Save

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It is a little hard to advise on a place with out a figure in Baht.

I would suggest looking at booking .com.

Places I like are Koko Palms, Raming Lodge and Na Thapae.

As far as things to do, perhaps start with the FAQs on the right and look at the top 20 things by Caroline 08

Chok Dee

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,585 posts
58 reviews
124 helpful votes
2. Re: 3 days in chiang mai
Save

As John has suggested - please give some more information on the kind of place you are looking at to stay. It is hard to recommend without an area or price range. The FAQ on the top right hand side of the screen (when you view on full page) will help a lot to get you started.

Caroline.

Ramat Gan, Israel
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: 3 days in chiang mai
Save

thank you so much for the quick reply. its hard for me to give price as I have no Idea what are the prices in this area. we would like to be in a Hotel that is in walking Distance from the markets on one hand but that will give us quiet and relaxation when we are there. if they have a pool and spa will be great.

I will check what you recommended and see ...as for the FAQ already went in and found great info.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
12,547 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: 3 days in chiang mai
Save

The hotel, I named are all in good locations for markets

I would not be to concerned with a pool as Jan the water is quite cool.

Chok Dee

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
12,431 posts
609 reviews
275 helpful votes
5. Re: 3 days in chiang mai
Save

we always stay at Three Sis B and B, right across the street from Chedi Luang..very quiet, right next to the Sunday market, walk everywhere, and did i say quiet..The rooms are fabulous, and the staff is very helpful..We love it there.

Also, we took a bike ride with Nooh, which was the highlight of our trip..He biked us all around and we had the best street food. He is reliable , wonderful nature, and we had so much fun. Would advise this trip.

Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: 3 days in chiang mai
Save

Do you have a number for 3 sis B&B please

Level Contributor
7,187 posts
25 reviews
12 helpful votes
7. Re: 3 days in chiang mai
Save

"Do you have a number for 3 sis B&B please"

Did you try google it? Or even look at their website, as its on there webpage.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,431 posts
609 reviews
275 helpful votes
8. Re: 3 days in chiang mai
Save

yes, they are easy to get ahold of and answer fast..(never understand why someone has to copy what another says...especially when it is so simple...)

you will love them, very high ceilings, clean, laundry service..(such a treat) and lots of smiles..we do love the Thai people.

Ramat Gan, Israel
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: 3 days in chiang mai
Save

Thank you for the recommendation...will check on the web. bike ride with Nooh - just to make sure I am clear , its everyone has a bike and follow him ?

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,431 posts
609 reviews
275 helpful votes
10. Re: 3 days in chiang mai
Save

yes, we saw a great side of CM the early morning market, ate food in alleys , that was to die for, quiet temples where most people don't go, was a highlight. loved Nooh, and had dinner with him our last night. Cant wait to see him again. a very special person!!!