We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended travel companies

lancs
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended travel companies

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Thailand in November. We are thinking of going for 3 weeks. I have been looking at Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi and Tubkaak Resort in Krabi. Not decided where to stay in Bankok yet.

My question is I am having trouble finding a travel company that has both these hotels.

Can anyone suggest the best way of booking with a reputable uk company.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
486 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended travel companies

travelbag, airline network, quest travel & trailfinders all v good. You will see them advertise in the sunday papers and find them on the web. My personal experiences with Travelbag are excellent.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended travel companies

Broadhaven,

You could try Trailfinders, they definately have Mandarin Oriental and if they do not do Tubkaak you could book everything else with Trailfinders and just book Tubkaak direct. Although an agent you can mix and match with them, they will organise the whole trip or just parts of it.

We used them last year for 1 hotel and international flights and we booked the rest ourselves.

Sarah

x

Lichfield, England
Level Contributor
595 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended travel companies

Hi Broadhaven,

go for Trailfinders, we've been using them for 23 years and they are great. They're the biggest independent travel agents in the UK. As Sarah says, you can mix and match with them - use them for flights and the hotels they do and then fill in directly (by E mail) with any hotels they don't use. They don't have Tubkaak on their books yet - I know because we went there in August - so good we're going back again in March. Click on my name and read my review. We always stay at the Shangri-La in Bangkok - personally I don't think you can beat Shangri-La's - you've got the luxury and service without the stuffiness of Oriental's! Upgrade to Horizon Club for your own lounge and cocktails and nibbles each evening but not the Horizon Club rooms! You just have to have a balcony overlooking the river when you're in Bangkok. Talk to Trailfinders, they're a mine of information, or ask as many questions as you like - we'll all respond! No matter what, you will have a fabulous holiday!

4. Re: Recommended travel companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 23, 2009