We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Mai - Pai-Mae Hong Son-Mae Sariang - Chiang Mai

Chicago
1 post
Save Topic
Chiang Mai - Pai-Mae Hong Son-Mae Sariang - Chiang Mai

Hello!

I will be in CM in the morning on Nov. 13th and returning via train Nov. 16th (in the afternoon).

Is it overkill to do the trip: Chiang Mai - Pai-Mae Hong Son-Mae Sariang - Chiang Mai, or its OK ?

Personally I prefer to get a feel of the places more than just visit more places. I'm into yoga, thai massage, love nature, vegetarian.

Any particular suggestions, alternatives?

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Pai
Pai
Mae Hong Son Province, Thailand
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Mae Hong Son
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Mai - Pai-Mae Hong Son-Mae Sariang - Chiang Mai

Particularly if you have a preference for getting a feel for places, the entire Mae Hong Son loop would be far too much for a three day trip. Even driving yourself, it would take most of two days just for the journey alone. Figure on a total of at least 13 - 14 hours (not counting stops) for driving the entire loop at a reasonable speed.

2. Re: Chiang Mai - Pai-Mae Hong Son-Mae Sariang - Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, August 19, 2009