We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

Manila, Manila...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

My wife and I recently visited Chiang Mai and had the pleasure of getting the services of Mr. Joy. It was our first time there so I had a lot of questions to which Joy patiently replied to. I was also working on a "photographer's itinerary" so I had quite a number of special requests. Everything was done via email. On the day of the trip, Joy was punctual and trip to Doi Inthanon went without a glitch. I got all the major items in my shot list. I was even able to re-shoot a location. He knows the area quite well (like being able to anticipate when the fog will roll in in the royal pagoda area) so every hour was always well spent.

Mr. Joy was very informative and fun to talk with, making the long drive enjoyable.

Highly recommended!

http://www.thailand-private-drivers.com/

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Doi Inthanon
Doi Inthanon
1,960 Reviews
Doi Inthanon National Park, Thailand
30 replies to this topic
Brisbane
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

Yes, Joy is a great guide and a friendly man, and his partner Sunny is if anything even more willing to answer all the questions you can think of. At different times, I've had the pleasure of being guided around Chiang Mai by both of them.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
47 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

Also have desire to visit photo op locations. Looking for driver for a day of exploring.

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
47 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

My son is interested in photography and bringing equipment for capturing stunning view and temples. Interested in your list of locations if you would share them?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

brelda... look at the "FAQ: Finding a Tour Guide" on the upper right hand side of this page.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,343 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

Brelda - you might like to contact Jack Tamrong, He is in the list of guides in the FAQ. He has had a photography business in Chiang Mai for many years and is also a licensed guide. Having photographed the region for years I'm sure he will have some ideas on this.

http://www.lannafocus.net/

Email: jacktamrong@yahoo.com

Caroline.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Manila, Manila...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

Hi Brenda,

Photographed all 3 waterfalls of Doi Inthanon, actually had to photograph one more than once but Joy had no problems with bringing me back there. If it was not for this suggestion with regard to time, I would have not properly took photos of the Royal Pagoda as well.

My favorites in Chiang Mai:

Wat Chedi Luang (I stayed in a guesthouse VERY near the wat, so I had the chance to photograph it at dawn and dusk). From Chedi Luang you can walk to Wat Chiang Man and pass by at least two temples including the 3 kings monument (best at dawn)

Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (best at dusk), on the way up you can shoot sunset overlooking Chiang Mai city then rush to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep for the blue hour.

Mentioned in this post
Doi Inthanon
Doi Inthanon
1,960 Reviews
Doi Inthanon National Park, Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Wat Chiang Man
Wat Chiang Man
897 Reviews
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
6,894 Reviews
Doi Suthep, Thailand
Bolton
Level Contributor
516 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

We had the pleasure of Mr Joy recently. He was lovely...

It weather wasn't great but we continued to see Doi Suthep etc. I felt so safe and his English was exceptional.

My Joy helped us so much...he even got us tickets for the Mae Jo festival .

We cut our day short as it was really raining but then met us on the Saturday when it was boiling hot- with his lovely wife to continue sight- seeing. Then he took us to the Mae Jo festival AND waited for us.

He felt so " fatherly" to us and very much appreciated as in particular the Mae Jo festival was a bit manic .

I CANNOT recommend Mr Joy highly enough. He is second to none!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
801 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

Another vote for mr Joy, He is a wealth of information

Penang Island...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

My family enjoyed the trip with Mr Joy a lot. He is helpful. Thanks Mr Joy

Nice, France
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)

Just finished a 2 day tour with sunny, the cousin of Mr Joy. She even came with her husband and we had a huge van for just the three of us.

I agree with everybody, the price is the best deal ive had. sunny even gave me biscuits home made by her mom. bottled water are provided in the cooler in the van as well although we never really used them since we brought our own water bottles. We changed our itinerary a bit each day and Sunny was more than accommodating and offering suggestion depending on the mood of my 11 yr old son.

I highly recommend this taxi company!

Reply to: Mr Joy Chiang Mai guide/driver (Pronchadin Potiya)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted