We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phuket hotel help totally confused

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
phuket hotel help totally confused

I am traveling to phuket as part of my 2 week vacation in Jan 2007 I have about everything planned and after much research can not decide on a hotel in phuket. In bangkok I am staying at the old bangkok inn in chiang mai bann orapin.I want a small friendly thai cozy accomadation.I would like to be able to walk and explore shops ,beach,resturants and bars from my location.I would like to stay in a budget of around $100 us .I would like friendly staff also.Please help any suggestions would be appreciated.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phuket hotel help totally confused

Hi carkrisy, You have described the Kata Minta. 12 room boutique hotel minutes away from everything. Family atmosphere & under what you want to pay. They are listed on www.Phuket.com. My husband & i stay there every year. CJ

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phuket hotel help totally confused

thanks for the help looks great but,was hoping for a pool any other suggestions would be great thank you

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: phuket hotel help totally confused

Hi Carkrisy,

There is alot of accomodation for US$100 in Phuket. I stayed at the patong merlin recently, and it as 3 pools with a resort atmosphere.

We booked it at asia web site and paid less then US$100 with breakfast ,or you could also try it at saswadee.com

The hotel is at the end of patong beach. It is walking distance to all the shops, and 2 mins walk from the beach. It is one of the best hotel I ever stayed in Phuket.

Hope it helps

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
82 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phuket hotel help totally confused

Another place to consider is the Novotel Phuket. A good resort on the north end of Patong beach.

Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: phuket hotel help totally confused

Hi carkrisy

I've been to Phuket 8 times and absolutely love it. Our daughter was married there last year and we're going back for their 1st anniversary in October. So I feel qualified to say I'm sure you'll love Phuket. The hotel recommendations you've received so far i.e. Patong Merling and Novotel are nice enough hotels but definitely not "small, friendly, Thai cozy". They're large hotel resort complexes. I don't think you'll have trouble finding something within that price range in Phuket because it's a reasonable figure, although January is peak season and the rates can double. April - Oct are the cheaper months. I would have suggested the Cabana but I don't know if it was rebuilt after the Tsunami ??? The Horizon Beach is a nice, small hotel in an excellent location (still a hotel though). Personally, I would definitely recommend somewhere right in Patong for the convenience. Some say it's too busy, but I like to be right in the middle of things and when you're in your hotel grounds, you're away from the hustle and bustle anyway. If you can't find anything small/cozy and get desperate for a recommendation I can vouch for the Holiday Inn Resort ... we stay in the Busakorn Wing but it's a bit more than you've budgeted for, however, you may find a room in the Main Wing which is lovely (it was gutted and completely refurbished this year) and the staff are a delight. Happy holiday.

6. Re: phuket hotel help totally confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 19, 2009