We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there any Tuk Tuk or Songtheaw in CM airport?

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taipei, Taiwan
1 post
Save Topic
Is there any Tuk Tuk or Songtheaw in CM airport?

Hi, I know there are taxi outside ChiangMai airport. But is tuk tuk and songtheaw car available??

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,484 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there any Tuk Tuk or Songtheaw in CM airport?

songtheaws/tuktuks are not waiting directly in front of the exit from the arrivals hall, but you can walk a bit in the direction of the main road and you may find them.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there any Tuk Tuk or Songtheaw in CM airport?

Taxi fares from the airport to the city are not expensive. You are unlikely to save much.

Caroline.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there any Tuk Tuk or Songtheaw in CM airport?

Or... if your just looking for the thrill of the wind in your hair and your life in their hands.

Get your hotel to send you one for a pickup.

Have fun

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there any Tuk Tuk or Songtheaw in CM airport?

A tuk tuk will charge you about the same as a taxi from the airport to a city hotel. They maybe dropping someone off and you can flag them down, but they don't have a tuk tuk stand at the airport.

Likewise you occasionally see a song teaw coming through the airport that just dropped someone off. If they pick you up in the airport and take you direct to your hotel, you will again pay close to the standard taxi fare. If you walk out to the road and flag one down, you may get the city 20 baht rate, BUT how long it takes depends on who else is in the song teaw or who else they pick up on the way. Drivers drop passengers off in whatever sequence they feel most practical and you could go all over the city before reaching your hotel.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there any Tuk Tuk or Songtheaw in CM airport?

I've always found it easy to find a songthaew outside the airport but not so easy to get a decent price from them. I paid an 'airport price' one time and still ended up going all over the place picking up and dropping off other people for 20 baht. You may be better off sticking with a taxi (I couldn't take a taxi as I had a boxed up bicycle with me and it wouldn't fit in a salon car).

6. Re: Is there any Tuk Tuk or Songtheaw in CM airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 07, 2015