We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal flights

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Internal flights

Where can I find information about flights into and out of Chiang Mai on internal flights? I have checked the major airlines but wanted to check the smaller less known ones.

We would like to move on to Koh Samui or Krabi.

Any help will be gratefully received.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internal flights

Hi

These are the internal airlines

Bangkok airs ( full service )

Thai airs ( full service )

Nok airs ( low cost )

Air Asia ( loss cost)

If you're going to Samui you can have

Bangkok airways direct from Chaingmai to Samui and also via Bangkok (transit time 1 1/2 hour)

Thai airways fly via Bangkok to Samui.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,730 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internal flights

Bangkok to Chiang Mai has to be the most heavily-traveled domestic route aside from Bangkok-Phuket. Thai Air's subsidiary Thai Smile flies the route and you can add Thai Lion Air to the list that sweetpea gave.

Thai Smile, Nokair, Air Asia and Bangkok Airways fly to Krabi.

Only Bangkok Airways and Thai serve Koh Samui domestically. (Bangkok Aitrways owns the airport. Firefly, China Southern and Silk Air fly into Samui internationally.) But the closest mainland airport, Surat Thani, is served by a number of carriers including Air Asia and Nokair.

Given a choice, I would select Nokair every time. The best domestic carrier in my opinion.

Edited: 8:31 am, April 14, 2014
Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internal flights

The other posters have pretty well covered options...

for future reference, look up b the flight departures for the airport through the airport website, that tells you the airlines/flights!

Coventry
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internal flights

Thanks everyone, your replies have been very useful :)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internal flights

There is a new direct daily flight from Chiang Mai to Krabi on Air Asia - it would be worth costing that.

Caroline.

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Internal flights

I would suggest Nok Air since you could load your baggage within 15kg without any extra cost. It covers the most destinations in Thailand (Phuket, Chiang Mai, Krabi, etc.), also including 10 islands with flight & ferry (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Lanta, etc.). You can check out further information through their website at www.nokair.com/nokconnext/aspx/Index.aspx…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
533 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Internal flights

Air Asia has a sale on at the moment, from Chiang Mai to Krabi it cost us 105 aid for the 2 of us with a meal, luggage and booked seats

Coventry
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internal flights

Thanks again all

9. Re: Internal flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 28, 2015