We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Nature Park...

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Elephant Nature Park...

Hi there,

My sister and I are flying in Chang Mai in a week and wandering whether we need to book the elephant park... I have seen on the website that it is 2500 baht for a day... does this sound about right? Also last time I was there (four years ago) I remember you could just book things for the next day... is this still the case? Any recommendations for accommodation/ day trips etc would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks, Ashleigh

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant Nature Park...

yes 2500B/day if booked directly. Up to 10% discount from Thai friend or maybe even an agent. Its high season right now and all the elephant camps are full up. You should book as soon as possible to get a reservation.

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephant Nature Park...

That's great thank you, finding booking a problem :(

Singapore
Level Contributor
122 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephant Nature Park...

Hi! We booked ours only upon arrival (1 ahead of the day we wish to visit). We told the agent that we wanted the 9.40am show only. She made some phone calls and secured it for us. Guess they do have their network or some agents may have block-booked the tickets. Check with the agents and do email the park directly as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elephant Nature Park...

Hi Ashleigh, Yes, that is the right price. The lunch alone almost makes up for it, it is huge and delicious. And the opportunity for so much close contact with unrestrained elephants. I'd book now, and not wait until you're there, as they can only take a certain number per day.

Giaarul, it is indeed possible to get a place on tours to some of the show and ride type elephant parks, but if you want a visit to one of the parks where you have closer contact with elephants for a longer period, it gets harder to book at this time of year.

Brynmawr, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elephant Nature Park...

We go in November and have booked through the website.

Immediate payment in full and email within an hour confirming all booked and what to do on arrival to Chiang Mai.

6. Re: Elephant Nature Park...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, January 10, 2014
Brynmawr, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elephant Nature Park...

Hi

Did you manage to book. Would appreciate feedback on how bit went ready for our trip in November.

Thanks

Kerrie

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elephant Nature Park...

It was INCREDIBLE, truly inspiration, an ABSOLUTE must see, if you do the saveelephant.org/blog/… Pamper a pachyderm tour it will be the best money you ever spend i guarantee it. You get to walk with 3 elephants (4 of us) that have recently (by only 1 week) been able to be freed from the cruelty of trekking and you have such a close up encounter that you will not get anywhere else. Book online but its very busy so book in advance!!

Brynmawr, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elephant Nature Park...

Glad you enjoyed it. We have booked the ENP already so will stick with this. I am hoping it will be just as good an experience.

Thanks

Kerrie

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Elephant Nature Park...

I booked that initially and transferred the deposit over, it was REALLY worth out but I haven't done the ENP but the encounters were amazing!!