We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
224 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

I am confused between red chili cooking school and Thai secret cooking school during my next visit to Chiang Mai. Reviews to both look great..I can only do evening class - is there anyone out there who has attend both classes and have comment or suggestion?

thanks!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,669 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

we did Red Chilli and absolutely loved it - I am a home ec teacher and was very impressed with Aon's style, instructions and interaction with us (his students)

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
568 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

I think there is a very very small number of people that have done more than one cooking course. Seems like everyone would recommend the class that they took. I wouldn't worry so much as to which one you pick, its almost guaranteed to be good.

3. Re: red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 pm, November 27, 2013
San Francisco
Level Contributor
224 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

I agree but it is hard to find someone who is ready to let compley unknown people in their home and kitchen when you don't know anyone in the town. Any suggestion?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

keep on travelin - you rarely hear bad reports from the cooking schools (which are very very popular in Chiang Mai).

I don't think you would go wrong with either choice.

The cooking schools are well set up and I don't remember ever reading a bad review about any.

I know Siam Thai Rice also offers an evening class starting late afternoon for dinner.

All the best,

Caroline.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
224 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

Thank you everyone for your replied. I knew that it will be hard to find someone who have attended two classes but with amazing trip advisor community and helpful people i just had a very tiny hope to find that person and was hoping he/she can reply but oh well :) ! I think i will be in good hands no matter what I choose.

Thanks again!

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
49 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

We've done the one at Gap Guesthouse twice (different dishes each time) and thoroughly recommend it Also took one somewhere else (can't remember the name) but it felt a bit assembly line. Do a day course if you can. That way you usually get lunch and enough food to take back to your guesthouse for dinner.

Edited: 10:46 am, November 30, 2013
UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

i have been to 2 in chiang mai and one in chiang dao. enjoyed A Lot of Thai, the most. Baan thai was our other experience in chiang mai. also good, but not in the same league as A Lot of Thai.

6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

Hi, I am travelling to Chang Mai , Bangkok & Phuket in April. Can anyone please direct me towards the best cooking schools ?

Any advice would be a massive help!

Cheers

10. Re: red chili cooking school OR Thai secret cooking school?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 28, 2015