We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quote for Day Trip to Doi Inthanon

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
902 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Quote for Day Trip to Doi Inthanon

Hi

I have been quoted 4,200 Baht for 2 persons to Doi Inthanon Park for a day and this price includes:

- A/C car + gasoline + english speaking driver guide.

- Entrance fees for National Park and King & Queen Pagoda .

- Lunch at local restaurant

Is this a reasonable price and to be expected?

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
709 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Quote for Day Trip to Doi Inthanon

Aaa ah, okey dokey. Thanks for that! :)

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
902 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Quote for Day Trip to Doi Inthanon

Which group tour are you referring to?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,901 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Quote for Day Trip to Doi Inthanon

I was quoted 3300b by a well-known guide in Chiang Mai and that did not include lunch or entrance fees. I felt that was a little expensive.... This was a quote just for myself and guide.

Edited: 2:44 pm, October 26, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,203 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Quote for Day Trip to Doi Inthanon

3300B is a good rate for the Doi Inthanon day trip for one person.

Its in the same ball park as the quote given to filthiestfish given his includes the extras.

It would be hard to get a personal trip much cheaper than this.

As mentioned you can join a tour if you are happy to be in a tour group and follow the pace set by the whole group.

With a personal tour you set the pace for the day and can include extra things like a stop at Baan Tawai on the way back if you so choose.

Remember that this is a long day for the guide - it is 120KM - but takes about two hours because much of the drive is up steep hills.

Caroline.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
556 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Quote for Day Trip to Doi Inthanon

There are a few companies that do the group tours(most of the small road-side agencies are just feeders for the larger companies) Check out www.journeycnx.com. They have that same tour for 1300B/pax.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,203 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Quote for Day Trip to Doi Inthanon

I think if I were going as just one person I would join a tour and pay the 1300B.

With two, three or (in our case four) people - it is often more economical and easier to hire a guide.

With our family of four we pay a similar price to the quote given to filthiest fish and that would come in less per person than a tour.

With three in your group it would come in on par - with two you would be paying a bit more than the tour price but you might think it is worth it for the personalized service and the advantage of setting your own agenda.

Caroline.

17. Re: Quote for Day Trip to Doi Inthanon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, October 28, 2014