We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activity Suggestions

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Activity Suggestions

I will be doing a 3D2N stay in Chiang Mai with 2 others staying at the De Chai Hotel. Just inquiring about the daytime activities and whether it is feasible after reading the numerous suggestions on activities in the forum. I open to any other suggestions as well.

Day 1 - Check-in to Hotel late afternoon, relax, and explore the Sunday Walking Market

Day 2 - Tour Doi Inthanon and Doi Suthep by way of a private taxi hire. Is this doable all in one day?

Day 3 - We were considering doing the Zipline Rainforest adventure with either Flight of the Gibbons or Flying Squirrels followed by a visit to a day spa afterwards, but then we considered scrapping that idea and renting a scooter to explore instead. Any suggestions on what to do if we go this route or just stick with the tour?

Day 4 - Tiger Kingdom and back to the airport

Thanks in advance.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activity Suggestions

Doi Inthanon and Doi Suthep are not in the same direction and I don't think you will fit them both in to one day. Doi Inthanon is a very full day - it takes the whole day.

You'd be better off seeing Doi Suthep either on your first afternoon (if you have time) or on day three or four.

It is only about 20 - 30 mins to Doi Suthep but you need about an hour there and so it takes for approx 2 hr round trip.

I'd be inclinded in change day 3 and use it for Doi Suthep and to explore the city. As far as I know Flight of The Gibbon only offer a full day program which won't give you time for anything else. Jungle Flight are also very popular and they do have a half day program - however, it finishes with lunch - so by the time you eat and get dropped back to your hotel it can be mid afternoon.

So unless you have your heart set on the zip lining you could use that day for things like exploring the old city, the markets, lunch on the river and Doi Suthep.

Caroline.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activity Suggestions

Caroline....Thanks for your advice. We'll stick to Doi Inthanon and then exploring the city the next day.

3. Re: Activity Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, September 04, 2014