We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Mai Sunday markets

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chiang Mai Sunday markets

I am planning to stay in Chiang Mai from Monday to Saturday afternoon in mid-August.

Do I need to change my itinerary to see Sunday markets, or there are similar night markets there on other nights?

Thanks!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,126 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Mai Sunday markets

There are no other similar markets from Monday to Friday. The weekend markets are on Saturday and Sunday nights. The Sunday Night Walking Street Market is the big one and a weekly highlight.

The Night Bazaar is open every night. It is in a different area and has a mix of products - including the usual market copy stuff - dvds, t.shirts etc.

The weekend markets have more local products and are a little like a street festival with music, artists at work etc.

If you can get there one night earlier I'm sure you won't regret it.

Caroline.

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
218 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang Mai Sunday markets

The Sunday markets are definitely not to be missed the other markets do not compare it is amazing. Try to be there on a sunday if you can

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiang Mai Sunday markets

I agree. We loved the sunday markets.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Chiang Mai Sunday markets

Thanks guys!!!

5. Re: Chiang Mai Sunday markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 22, 2014