We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minicost Hotel

Des Moines, Iowa
3 posts
Save Topic
Minicost Hotel

We are thinking of staying at Minicost Hotel in May. We do not know the difference between a Superior room and a Deluxe room. I have sent an email to them asking for more information, but they never address that question. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
518 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Minicost Hotel

This is not specific to Minicost, but any service issue. If they don't respond to emails or address the correct issues during the selling/booking stage, it may be best to give it a pass as service later on down the line will be the same or worse

Des Moines, Iowa
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Minicost Hotel

I was thinking the very same thing. And yet, Minicost has a great many Tripadvisor reviewers singing its praises. Maybe the person answering the emails didn't quite understand my question?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
518 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Minicost Hotel

That's def possible and I've driven by the place and it looks really nice from the outside. And this is not a dig on this site or any reviewers, but honestly there are quite a few "reviews" from users that don't really exist or have never been to the place they are reviewing..... Its one of the downsides of not requiring proof of actually being at/staying at/eating at the place being reviewed.

Des Moines, Iowa
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Minicost Hotel

Good point to think about! Now it makes me leery of reading any positive reviews on these kinds of wibsites!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minicost Hotel

Check for reviewers with multiple reviews and not just one or two.

Caroline.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minicost Hotel

Click on their reviews page, then look at the room tips, you may find what you need to know.

Most repeat review members are pretty trustworthy.

Maz.

7. Re: Minicost Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 01, 2014