We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recontamination

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recontamination

I've visited Chiang Mai many years ago and stayed close to the walking market and loved it.

Can anybody recommend a hotel in this area with a nice pool if possible . Preferably not any large / international chain hotel.

Budget 2,000 - 3,000 Baht.

Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recontamination

What time of year will you be in Chiang Mai? Prices can go up or down depending on that... ie: December, January is high season and hotel rates will be higher.

Swansea
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recontamination

I will be there mid April.

thanks

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recontamination

I don't understand the heading for your post - it doesn't seem to jibe with the contents. You mention "recontamination"...?

Swansea
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recontamination

OMG !!!!! Bad spelling or what !!

I am sorry .....it should have been recommendation !!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
112 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recontamination

Can recommend the mae ping hotel which has a large lagoon type pool.

Swansea
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recontamination

Thanks CW 50 - will check now.

cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,903 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Recontamination

The Mae Ping isn't in the old city. It is a high rise large hotel.

A couple in the old city to check out - Vieng Mantra (near the Thae Pha Gate and has a pool), Bodhi Serene, De Lanna and Baan Klang Wiang (all have pool, mid range small hotels).

The 3 Sis Bed and Breakfast, Parasol Inn, Pak Chiang Mai, Charcoa (all beautiful guest houses but no pools).

All of these are in the old city.

Keep in mind mid April is Songkran festival and a very busy time to be in Chiang Mai.

Caroline.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Recontamination

Also here's one that we've booked for the first couple of days in CM - the Early Bird B&B. We haven't stayed there yet, so can't give you too much of a recommendation, but it gets great reviews, is close to the Sunday walking street market and Wat Chedi Luang, and is well within your budget. Like many old city hotels and guest houses, it doesn't have a pool, but it looks lovely. Each room is decorated on a different bird theme.

Later in Chiang Mai we've booked the Baan Orapin - a favourite, but that's over on the riverside and a bit of a walk to the old city (10-15 mins).

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,903 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Recontamination

Spopey, Early Bird looks great. Brilliant location for the Walking Street Market - and beautifully styled.

I really like the look of Charcoa as well in the old city. Will be checking that out when we are there.

Caroline.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Recontamination

Caroline - I'd love to know how Charcoa turns out. We were tossing up between the two, as we wandered past Charcoa on our last trip and though how lovely and shady it looked, with bicycles lined up to borrow outside. But then we saw Early Bird and were taken by its charm. Guess it just goes to show, we're spoilt for choice in Chiang Mai...