We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Hotel help

I'm decieding on 3 hotels in Chiang Mai. I'd really hope I could have some advice.

1. Centara Duangtawan Hotel

2. Chaing Mai Plaza Hotel

3. Raminglodge Hotel

We are staying for 7 nights over the New Year period.

thank you in advance

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help

we tend to use centara or royal princess to be in the heart of the 'action', ie the night market area. We once decided to have a look at CM plaza, but found it impossible to cross the road to get to it, so abandoned that idea!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help

Hi

We haven't stayed there yet, but we chose Raming Lodge for our next trip, but that's because I don't want to be in the heart of the night bazaar but to be in between both night bazaar and old city.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,903 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help

We've stayed at the Centara a number of times and liked it. Some people complain about rooms not being up to par, but ours have always been good. My understanding is that they are renovating the hotel from top to bottom, so you could always ask to change if you were not happy. The location is good, pool nice, view over Doi Suthep good - and quite good breakfast as well. The night bazaar starts just over the road.

Raming Lodge is another very popular choice. It is up closer to the old city - but good access to either the night bazaar area or the old city. There is a strip of bars close by, but it is a popular choice and gets consistently good reviews. It is a smaller hotel with a decent pool.

Can't help with any feedback on CM Plaza.

Caroline.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help

I've been doing a bit of homework myself for Chiang Mai recently. Have you read the reviews for the Centara ? They have made us decide to try the Raming Lodge as we know where it is and the reviews seem ok. Good price also. CJ

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,903 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help

CJ - Just had a look at the recent Centara reviews and you are right - not good. Maybe go with Raming Lodge.

The other option nearby in the same price range is the Imperial Mae Ping.

Caroline.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel help

Booked into raming lodge in 3weeks will write review. We book from the hotel direct and they eere great, replied to emails straight away,

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel help

At raming lodge now.great english speaking desk lady, room large, clean,bathroom big very pleased with our choice walking distance to most places. Would recomend oh and bed is clean anf large

Brisbane
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel help

Hi, thanks for letting me know. I was going to book with Raming Lodge until I found out they charge for a Gala New Years Eve. 800 BHT per person. With a family of 6 that's alot of money. That $156 AUS!!! So I've book Tanita House. It's a little out but still close enough if we wanted to walk or tuk tuk. The lady has been VERY helpful already, suggesting things to see etc. I'm prepared to be a little more out for a more personalized stay. If anyone has stayed here I'd love to hear your feedback.

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel help

BrisbaneLiz, we stayed almost next door at Baan Orapin and often walked past Tanita house and loved the look of it. It gets great reviews. It is easy to get around from there and we mostly walked and when we got a bit lazy we just got a tuk tuk back, Lots of restaurants and little shops along the river. Enjoy your stay.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel help

Thank for that info. My concern is we are a bit far away from everything.