We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massage student needs help for 40 days accommodation

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Massage student needs help for 40 days accommodation

Dear TA Chiang Mai 's forum expert,

I am a freelance massage therapist from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had my three months Spa Therapist Certification from Bali and would like to add Thai Massage into my skill. I am planning to take professional Thai massage course (2nd week of March - 3rd week of April) first with Miss Wanna from Art of Massage then continue at the TMC for another one month course --- Any comments on this plan is appreciated.

I have been searching around this forum for a while but up to now I am still confused and have not yet decided where to stay since there are heaps to choose :-(

My budget for 40 days stay is around 10,000TBH - 13,000TBH. I will be travelling alone, I am a light sleeper :-( not really into party though I do not mind enjoying nice drinks with good friends, and for sure I love Thai food ;-)

I would love to stay in a nice quiet accommodation with clean room and aircon is a must since I am aware that March-April will be hot in CM, fridge, TV, chair/table & private bath room, good wifi connection. My main preference would be somewhere within walking distance to the yummy Thai food restaurants, Sunday market and night bazaar. Since I prefer to go out for dinner and meeting new friends not just staying in my room all alone after a long day learning massage in the school :-( I read good reviews for "Top Garden Boutique Guesthouse"?

Really hope to hear comment/recommendation from the CM expert here before I contact the owner for a good long term bargain.

Many thanks with appreciation in advance for all the help.

Reza

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Massage student needs help for 40 days accommodation

I stayed in Top Garden in December and would highly recommend it. I also stayed at CM Blue House. Both fit your requirements. The owners of Top Garden were especially nice, but the rooms at Blue House were bigger.

I have done reviews of both on this site.

Sorry - can't comment on your course.

Trisha

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Massage student needs help for 40 days accommodation

I can also recommend CM Blue House - it's right across the road from our Chiang Mai house/business (Arun Thai Natural) and I often put friends and relatives from out of town up there. :) TMC offers a comprehensive course - good choice. The Art of Massage I don't know enough about to comment on. Please come and say "Hi" when you're here and feel free to connect via facebook - I have an extensive massage-student-therapist network who can all answer your questions far better than I can. Safe travels.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Massage student needs help for 40 days accommodation

Thanks Trisha,

Yes, after reading the good reviews, Top Garden is on my list now. I guess I need to contact the owner asap requesting for their best price for my long term stay. I honestly have not read the reviews for CM Blue House yet. No worries about the massage course :-)

Regards,

R

Jakarta
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Massage student needs help for 40 days accommodation

Hi ArunThaiGirl,

Thanks for the information, as my reply to Trisha, I haven't checked CM Blue House yet, but I will do it soon. You're right about TMC, that's why I've choosen them. I'd love to come and say hi to you once I am there and maybe buy something from your shop. As Marie (nannyre) has shared about it in the forum :-)

Regards,

R

Jakarta
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Massage student needs help for 40 days accommodation

Thanks Trisha,

Yes, after reading the good reviews, Top Garden is on my list now. I guess I need to contact the owner asap requesting for their best price for my long term stay. I honestly have not read the reviews for CM Blue House yet. No worries about the massage course :-)

Regards,

R

Jakarta
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Massage student needs help for 40 days accommodation

Hi ArunThaiGirl, I visited your shop Tuesday afternoon after school, and bought Aroma Body Oil Ylang Ylang Orang and Coconut Oil, both smells soooo good. I just like to make sure that we don't need to mix the Ylang Ylang Orang oil with other oil for massage, right? Thank you

7. Re: Massage student needs help for 40 days accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 08, 2014