We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do i get to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
how do i get to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep?

i was thinking of renting a motorbike initially but we do not have a valid license and many people died in traffic accident in thailand... so is there any other alternative to travel out of town? like wat phra that doi suthep and also to get up to the highest point of the mountain in chiang mai

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: how do i get to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep?

wow u are in chiang mai now??? the traffic is really crazy??? o god!!! is the traffic as terrible as in the city and outside the city?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
518 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: how do i get to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep?

You will need to get to the base of the mountain where they have a queue of redtrucks waiting to go up to the Temple. It is 40B/pax and will wait until full before leaving (~10ppl) Once at the temple you can take another redtruck further up the mountain or back down to the original queue area.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: how do i get to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep?

how far from the city to the base of the mountain?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: how do i get to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep?

Hi,

It's about 4km from the Hua Rin corner of the moat straight up Huay Kaew Road.

Cheers

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,069 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: how do i get to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep?

Hi,

You could hire a songtaow to take you to Doi Suthep and back. Expect to pay in the region of 400 to 500 baht.

16. Re: how do i get to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 08, 2014