We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Food Fete in Perth

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Thai Food Fete in Perth

Last Sunday we discovered that there is a fortnightly Thai food fair at the Australia Asia Association at 275 Stirling St. from 10am til 2pm. We just loved it & will go back as often as possible. We found the food to be just great - best we have had in Perth, sadly lacking in authentic Thai restaurants. Food is made & sold by Thais & there were a lot of Thais eating there - 'nuff said. No decor at all, long share tables but the ambience was great & felt like we were back in a Thai food court.

It's only been going for a year so isn't at all crowded, apart from food sellers - so many with a huge variety along 2 walls. Lunch on alternate Sundays is now sorted for us.

Perth
Level Contributor
454 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Thai Food Fete in Perth

Sounds great, Heather. I take it that the next one is on the 28th???

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Thai Food Fete in Perth

OOPS!!! I misread the info I was given - the Fete is on Sunday followed, 2 weeks later, by Saturday. So, the next one is Saturday 26th Jan, then Sun 10th Feb, then Sat 23rd Feb etc. Pleased you raised the question or we would've gone next Sunday & missed out!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,476 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Thai Food Fete in Perth

Hi

Thanks for sharing that's something to do on the weekend. A couple of years ago we used to go to Thai food fate held in lake street. Do you think are they the same one and moved to stirling st?

Re Thai restaurant have you try Itsara Thai restaurant in sterling highway ( Ned land)?

I think they are the best Thai food out of Thailand. Hopefully they are still the same as we haven't been back for a while.

Cheers,

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Thai Food Fete in Perth

Thanks for sharing. Will check the food fare out within the next few weeks.

I guess I'm truly fortunate that my local Thai restaurant serves up delicious, tasty Thai food. http://fullmoonthai.com.au/index.html Love the duck in red curry.

Cheers.

Bowen, Australia
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Thai Food Fete in Perth

We could do a TA meet and greet one weekend there for all the Perth people?! Would be nice to put a face to the names :0)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Thai Food Fete in Perth

Sweet Pea & Fresh Prince - thank you for the recommendations - will check them out - much appreciated info. SweetPea, I was told on arrival at the front that it has only been going for a year - maybe it evolved from elsewhere.

Iwanttogoshop - great idea. My weekends are dictated by the surf conditions - maybe we could wear something (preferably silly) to identify us as CM TA Forumites?

Having so many blonde (grey actually) moments lately - forgot to mention that entry is by a gold coin donation. The food is very cheap.

Pretty sure I have it all correct now!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Thai Food Fete in Perth

FYI, alternate weeks to the Thai Food Fete there is a Burmese Food Fete.

A Burmese girl at my work who is obsessed with good food told me about them last year!

:-)

Lise & Sabrina

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Thai Food Fete in Perth

GREAT!! I Do you know when the next Burmese Fete is, please? Going from Saturdays to Sundays is very confusing.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
487 posts
9. Re: Thai Food Fete in Perth

I've been searching the Chiang Mai maps for "275 Stirling St", but can not find it. Can someone help?

Bowen, Australia
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Thai Food Fete in Perth

I'd stop looking for it on the CM map CNX, Stirling Street is in Perth :0)

Heather T we could all come dressed as our TA names, I'll be a giant shopping bag :0)