We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

Has anyone taken young children here? I have a 4 year old. What was your childrens experience?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

Im also interested in this link.Im amazed you have not had any replies.

King's Lynn
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

Hello we have 3 children ages 5,7 and 8 and have booked a day at Patara. I emailed lots of questions first and they responded to them all. My concerns were: what if my children do not want to go in the river to wash the elephants? Are their toilets on route on the elephant ride up to the waterfall? What if my child is upset, can they get on the elephant with me? 2 of my children have mild autism and can be loud and lively, will this be a problem?

I was really happy with all their answers, we have booked two big elephants for 4 of us and a baby elephant for my eldest at a slightly cheaper price for sharing.

Just email them any questions I found them really helpful and friendly. They also work with disabled people and so I think are very flexible.

We go early April.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

That's fantastic info. What was toilet answer? Do you no how long your actually on their back riding for. Heard it was few hours and worried that might b too long for my kids . Thanks

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
32 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

We went to Patara back in October 2012 and your on the Elephant for about 1.5 hours then you get off and have lunch then back on for a further 45 min down to the waterfall

Hope this information helps

P.S. Patara Elephant Farm has to be one of the BEST places in Chiang Mai and worth every cent. I hope you Enjoy your trip

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

That's fantastic info.Any toilets. Thanks

Edited: 7:26 am, January 29, 2013
melbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

Not sure how many toilets they have around the place but we know of at least 3 lots and I am sure there is more, but that was just where we needed them.

Patara was the highlight of our trip.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

I do agree with goldtouch, you and your child will get good experiences and good memories there. You can read the reviews please see a link below.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293917-d8…

Have a good day :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

Sarah S just wondered how your day with kids at Patara was. We go in 4wks

Perth
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

Can anyone confirm prices for young children sharing and elephant with an adult? My kids are definitely too young to have their own elephant but from what I read they would have to pay 5800 Baht each to share mine and my husbands .. this seems ridiculous!

10. Re: Patara elephant farm, Children friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 24, 2014