We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for spa recommendations in Chiang Mai

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for spa recommendations in Chiang Mai

My husband and I are going on a 3 day-2 night trek starting tomorrow. Upon return we'd like to treat ourselves to a spa treatment, including traditional thai massage, pedicure for me and maybe a facial. We are staying in Yaang Come Village hotel but might move to Baan Orapin guest house to experience a Thai B&B. What would be a nice reasonably priced spa? As always I appreciate your recommendations.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for spa recommendations in Chiang Mai

Just wanted to add that I've seen pp recommending Oasis Spa in Chiang Mai and their prices (massage starts at 1,200B)are too high for us. We are not too picky about our surroundings so something simpler will do as long as the actual massage and other treatments are good. We thought that a half an hour foot massage at Sunday market was divine :.

Singapore
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for spa recommendations in Chiang Mai

I was in Chiang Mai last February and happened to want a spa experience. Many people I'd spoken to recommended the Oasis Spa as the "best", and so my wife and I decided on trying it out.

The spa provided transport to and from our hotel, in fact the car picked us up after our shopping at the department store. We were whisked to their main spa next to Wat Phra Singh, which is in a lanna garden setting. Of course it was a luxurious experience: you are pampered with oils, relaxing in a private sala (small Thai-style house) with its own outdoor shower area.

I came out refreshed and feeling definitely lighter (also from the hefty B4,500 per person including tips).

Would I recommend it? Yes, for the experience and splurge factor.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for spa recommendations in Chiang Mai

I enjoyed "Let's Relax", located near the night bazaar. It was more moderately priced than than the bigger spas, but very clean and professional. I believe it costs 400 baht for a 1 hour massage.

Scotland
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for spa recommendations in Chiang Mai

Cossachka,

I picked up some 500 baht discount vouchers for Oasis Spa at Baan Orapin but they were only valid for some of their treatment packages. Yes, it is pricey, but oh so worth it. Yes, the leg/foot massages in the market are good, but the Oasis experience is just bliss!

There were a lot of brochures for cheaper spas at Baan Orapin. Maybe Opas could recommend one of them for you.

Have a great trek!